Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2015

My Captured Moment #1 - Puzzling Together

Hi all.  I am joining in with a new picture link-up that I recently found on the lovely blog, Running in Lavender.
Everyone knows that I love to take pictures, especially ones of my darling family. 
Each week, Helled invites us to share a extra-special photo of our family and hopes we will share why it is so meaningful for us.
 
This week, for my first photo, I have picked this recent shot of my three children working together to complete 3 large puzzles.

 
Why is this special? 
Well, this summer all three children have been particularly attached to technology and if given the chance, they would be hooked up to a screen 24/7. 
One day, first thing in the morning, we outlawed tech for the whole day.  Of course, right away, the kids were worried they'd be bored and have "nothing to do!"
The day progressed and the kids were in and out of the house, doing a variety of things in short bursts. 
At one point I disappeared to the basement to work at my crafting table.  Nearly and hour and a half later, the kids yelled down to me and told me that I needed to come up RIGHT AWAY and the above scene is what I found. 
I had recently cleaned out my oldest son's closet and had found these three puzzles - one of Canada, one of the US and one of the world. 
For something to do, they had worked together happily and put all three together.  Quietly and cooperatively. Family fun could be enjoyed without the Wii console or the TV!!
 What a lovely sight!
What lovely children.  What a lovely moment. 
 Definitely one I wanted to Capture. 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for popping by. I am looking forward to visiting others' posts and seeing their Captured Moments. 
 
Have a wonderful day,
 
XOXO
Bronwyn
 

5 comments:

  1. How lovely Bronwyn. Children have an infinite capacity for keeping themselves busy if they have to, isn't it great? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most beautiful pictures for me are always the ones of my kids sitting and playing together because they are such rare moments. They are usually fighting or watching TV so I can imagine why this photo is so special too you and it's a love one too :-)

    (Stopping by from #mycapturedmoment)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is amazing and I am pretty sure they had lots of fun. Moments like these are the ones they would treasure and remember someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, such lovely memories captured and recorded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh bless them, they all look so happy and proud of themselves. What a great memory to capture and hold onto! Thank you for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!