My life can feel very busy. I have three small children, an active husband, a full-time job teaching kindergarten and a home to take of.
I constantly need reminders to stand still and enjoy the pleasant moments that seem to pop up every once in awhile during the flurry of the day.
I find my camera is the best tool I own to aid in slowing me down and helping me recognize the sweetest instances of life.
Here are a few images captured this week as I enjoyed my family, home and life:
1. A photo from my phone captured at a visit to a children's museum with just my youngest son. I was able to give him tons of one-on-one attention (which he craves!) while at the same time learning about an ancient civilization that has attracted me forever!
2. This time my camera grabbed an image that seems "summery" even though we are dealing with nearly 2 feet of snow here near Toronto. I am beginning a new crochet project and I have completed 4 squares towards a blanket that will capture the colours of our recent trip to France. More on this to follow....
3. I know this photo will make me smile decades from now. The other day before school, my two boys emerged from their rooms wearing the same adorable monster shirt. I thought for sure my oldest son (who is 10) would have turned around and gone back into his room and changed his shirt upon seeing his little brother wearing the same one. But nope. Big brother Bryn simply said, "It's fine we are wearing the same clothes, Camden. It means we can be COOL together!"
(Proud Mommy moment!)
4. Came home to these hanging off of our roof today. Some of them are about 2 feet long! They look so pretty and remind me of the ones that used to hang off of our barn when I was a child. These are too far up for my kids to grab and lick, but they did enjoy seeing the "fringe" that had been added to their otherwise plain house!
5. A travel planning picture! My daughter and I are heading to the UK in 3 weeks! We have made some firm plans like tea at Fortmun and Mason, but a lot of our week will be decided according to weather and what strikes our fancy at the time. This is my 5th visit to London and I never tire of it!!
And after the UK, my hubby and I head off to Italy for 2 weeks in July. We are doing a Trafalgar Tour and love the fact that other people will be taking care of us for a change! We have been reading up on the towns and cities we will be visiting and we are so excited to eat some real Italian food!
My five moments - I hope you enjoyed them!
Much love to all,