Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Blue Monograms in the Bedroom

Hey all! 
I made it through my first week back at school.  I am so excited to be back teaching kindergarten after a 2 year hiatus teaching music.  
But let me tell you - this past week was a DOOZIE!!
In all, I have taught kindergarten for 10 years but the last 5 school days have got to be the most crazy first days I have ever been through.  
Between the girl who yelled at me non-stop for 2 hours straight, the 3 children who showed up in diapers (not allowed!) and the surprise Autistic child who kept escaping from the classroom  - I was VERY ready for the weekend!!

Needless to say, there wasn't a lot of extra stuff being done around our home this week. However I did complete a decor item that I started in August and finally got around to taking some pictures.  

AND....
I am very pleased that my project fits in nicely with a new project link up party that these bloggers have put together:


Each week they'll give us a theme for our project and hopefully many, many creative minds will link up their creations.

Here is Septembers list of  themes:



For my "BLUE" project I created some art work to fill the ho-hum space above our master bed.


I've wanted to do a monogram project for ages so I figured this was the perfect opportunity!

I had the large wooden letters leftover from another project that didn't quite make it into fruition.  The lacey laser-cut frames are from Michaels. 


Here's where the BLUE comes in!!
(It's Martha Stewart craft paint in Aquarium.)



The frames got a quick shot of cream coloured spray paint before hubby and I centred them above the bed.  A few tiny nails in each corner hold them in place.  


It took a few tries before we figured out the best way to hang the letters.  In the end I used stick tack ( you know - the gummy stuff that teenagers use to hang posters up) because it held the letter close to the wall and I could apply it in several places to ensure a good hold.  

"K" for Kevin


"B" for Bronwyn



Whew! That space above the bed has been empty for nearly 5 years.  I never thought I'd get anything  up there!


Thanks again for popping by!

Please leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you!

Hugs all,

Bronwyn


9 comments:

  1. Your letters look really cute. Yikes, kindergarteners in diapers?! How did they ever think they could get away with sending them to school like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bronwyn! I just bought a new home and this is such a nice decorating idea. The blue is gorgeous! Also easy decorating ideas and tips, such as using stick tack, works well with me! Pinning this and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job... I love the pop of color these provided! This would be great to link up to Create It Thursday #19…hope you'll join us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bronwyn,This is so clever! My readers would love to see it. Please link it up to Stylish Feature Friday if you have a chance.
    Have a great weekend!
    http://www.astylishinterior.com/2013/09/stylish-friday-finds-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever! but I'm had a hard time getting past the part where the kindergartners were still wearing diapers. Yikes. Thanks for sharing on BeColorful and I hope next week is a bit calmer. :D
    p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bronwyn, love your creative monogram project! I'll be featuring it tomorrow on Stylish Friday Finds! Please stop by and grab a button. I'd also love it if you could mention you were featured on FB, Twitter, whatever!!! Thanks!
    Have a stylish day!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, these are very nice, the blue does bring that pop of color! I also participated in the party. Have a great day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, it looks amazing :) x x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!