Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Hourglass Table Topper

Happy beginning of the week!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.
I had the most relaxing weekend I have had in weeks.  
I had not parties to plan,  no big dinners to prepare for and no parties to attend.  
It was low-key and relaxing.  

On several occasions I said to my husband, "I feel like I am wasting my time." All this free-time and nothing to show for it.  

He reminded me that is what "relaxing" is all about.  Rest, relaxation, no deadlines and no cares in the world.  

Wow.  I hadn't relaxed in so long that I had forgotten how to do it!!

I did sew for pleasure though.  My favourite colours, a new pattern and no time frame.

This is what I came up with:



I had pinned THIS TUTORIAL ages ago and really wanted to give it a try.  I am relatively new to patchwork and I really wanted to learn how it to do it RIGHT.  Allison Harris' step by step instructions are clear and easy to  follow.  Lots of tutorial pictures really help, too!


I used a charm pack of  "Coquette" by Moda Fabrics and paired it up with some crisp white.


I had hoped to use an aqua binding on the edge and  I bought a package of it at the fabric store in a nearby town. However, somewhere between paying for my purchase and arriving home, I LOST this binding and had to settle for the white I had in my craft stash.  Bummer. Oh well. The white looks good, too,  I guess.  




It's fairly small, but is the perfect size to settle in the centre of my dining room table.


Some lovely little birds came to visit.  


After they left, my latest bunch of tulips took over.  
Don't they look pretty with all those pretty pastel shades in the background? 


And speaking of flowers, I grabbed one little pot of runuculas at a local greenhouse today.
It amazes me that one plant can grow flowers in several different shades at the same time.  This plant had flowers in 2 shades of red and one in pink.

 Who know what the other 2 buds hold in store....




Thanks for popping by.  
Please make sure you are following me on Bloglovin'.  There is a link at the top of my blog.

Hugs to all!




6 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love hour glass blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I think simple blocks make such a strong impact, too. I love the fabric you chose, too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had coquette in my shopping basket last night....and then changed my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Having seen your Coquette offering....I think I'll change my mind!

    Gorgeous Bronwyn....lots of love from the UK xx

    Nora <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, this is so fresh and pretty! Love the pattern and fabrics. One of these days I'll attempt one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beuatiful. I love the blanket. Did you do all of that in one day?

    Those flowers are gorgeous. I'd quite like runuculas in my wedding boquet, than agian there are loads of flowers I'd like in my boquet, I need to start whittling them down :s x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bronwyn this is soooo pretty! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at the Pretty Things party this week at twelveOeight. Hope to see you again tonight for another great party!

    xo, Tanya
    http://twelveoeight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!