Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Fabric Flowers and Searching for Spring

It finally feels like spring here! Hurray!!!
  The kids went coat-less outside after school today and now, hubby and I are enjoying the Toronto Blue Jays game on the TV with the windows open.  
Spring has sprung!!

Not to be outdone with nature's blossoms, my daughter Afton and I worked together on making a few fabric flowers to wear pinned to our outfits in the next few weeks.  



We followed THIS TUTORIAL and mixed together a variety of pink and yellow prints. We also modified the instructions for a couple of flowers to see how they would turn out.  


We LOVE them and have worn them out on several occasions with many a compliment ensuing!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My husband, Kevin, is currently working on getting his Masters in Education.  He spends countless hours reading, researching and writing, on top of time spent teaching school and caring for our family.

  In order to give him some quiet "work" time, I try to take all three kids out on the weekends --- and everyone wins! Kevin gets his work done, and the rest of the family gets an adventure out and about!!

This past weekend we headed for a local nursery in search of spring --- flowers, ponds and wildlife!

Afton REALLY liked these planters, complete with their own birds!

She is a big fan of pink (as if you couldn't tell) and wanted one of these for our front door.  


Camden disagreed.  He prefers the yellow!

In the pond section of the nursery, Camden was gleeful to find a floating crocodile amongst the Koi.  

Bryn and Camden were both disappointed that there were no fish outside in the ponds yet.  Sorry boys - still too cold!!

Now let's be honest- the boys' FAVOURITE part of the nursery visit was this guy - a Frilled Lizard who seemed to be quite interested in the boys, too!

These are called English Daisies.  They come in 3 shades of pink.  I think I  NEED some!!

And who doesn't love an orchid??

Pansies by the table-full!


And PINK....


in every...


shape and shade!!


I'm looking forward to a weekend away.  I am taking the train to visit my sister in Ottawa for a few days.  Kid-free and obligation-free.  I couldn't ask for more!

Thanks for visiting!


4 comments:

  1. I love , love, love your sweet little fabric flowers! I am going to have to make some of these myself! And....what a fun day out with your little sweeties...:)

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't nurseries the most inspiring place in the spring? There are just rows and rows of beautiful colors. Looks like the children really enjoyed the trip also!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'm with Afton (sorry Camden!) That pink wreath is amazing! I'd LOVE to make something like that :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Weekend Wonders. Hope you're enjoying your week so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!