Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Afton's Crocheted Poncho

Yikes! It's been a whole week since I blogged! Oops! Oh well - sometimes real life gets in the way, doesn't it??

I spent the weekend away at my sister Stephanie's house in Ottawa. It was lovely.  I was kid and obligation free and the 10 hours I spent quietly on the train were absolutely dreamy!
I'll post more on that later in the week....

But before that I can't wait to show you my latest crochet project:


One night in Michaels, I found that my favourite yarn was on sale.  I had no idea what I wanted to make, but after a few minutes of colour mixing I remembered the crocheted poncho pattern I had recently "pinned."
Project picked --- a stripey granny poncho for my 7-year-old daughter!


Do you like the colour combo?
Buttery yellow
Acid green
Watery teal
Medium mauve
Coral
& White

Not my typical mix, but pretty none the less!


Does she like it?  For sure!!


If you ask her, her favourite part is the group of crocheted flowers on the front. 
Hmmm....that might be my favourite part, too.


Afton is a little bit artsy, just like her mommy.
She, too, likes to spend her time in creative endeavours (her bedroom is proof of that - yikes!!).
But yesterday she took advantage of the sunshiney weather and hit the pavement- literally.


How about some life-sized ballerina art for the driveway?
Doesn't every driveway need that?


If the art is this darn cute - I think so!!

Much love and thanks for visiting!

Bronwyn


7 comments:

  1. What a fun post! It looks like she enjoyed her new afghan. Love the rose cluster on the front. And the last photo of her with the bouquet of flowers nearby is just darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a pretty ponch for a pretty little girl, the flowers add just the right finishing touches. Lovely balarina driveway decor...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Great job on this poncho!!!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/04/submarine-sunday-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww I love the cape... she looks like she loves it... Thanks so much for taking the time to link up to the Tasteful Tuesday party @Nap-TimeCreations.com. Make sure to follow my blog via bloglovin, GFC or facebook so you don't miss out on my features posts... it could be YOU :o)
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bronwyn. Its so nice to see the poncho making a comeback. I had one when I was a little girl. I love your choice of colours. Thanks so much for linking up at Thriving on Thursdays.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!