Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Springtime Mantel

Happy mid-week everyone
Thanks for stopping by my little part of blogland. 
 I am so happy to see so many new followers in the last few weeks. 
 And the comments - I read and cherish each and everyone, so thank-you for leaving them!!

Today I want to show you my.....



I took down my bunnies and Easter eggs yesterday and switched to more "seasonal" decor instead of holiday-oriented. 

I stuck with the pastel theme because, quite frankly, it makes me pretty darn happy!!   Who doesn't like a shot of pink on these early spring days??


Oh yes -- and flowers!  Lots of them!!
My youngest, who is 4, said I had a  "garden" on my mantel.  

Sounds good to me!!



I stole the birdhouse out of my daughter's bedroom.  It had been there for ages and I thought maybe it needed to be in the limelight for a few weeks.  

( In fact, the faux lavender is hers, too.  I wonder if she misses it? )


Are daisies a spring flower?  Probably not, but I like the different texture they add.  


The tulip votive holders are from Michaels.  A buck and a half each, I think.  


Hello pink hydrangeas!!  How I've missed you this winter.  


They are calling for a snowstorm tomorrow here in the Toronto area.

God help us, NO!!

I am SO ready for the tulips, daffodils and green buds of spring.

I guess I want the world to look like my mantel.

Is that too much to ask?? 




8 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous Bronwyn! I love it! Pinned it! And pink is my favourite colour too. I am so glad to hear that you have new followers. Good for you! Have a lovely week! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bird house. I have no mantel to decorate but I would love to make one for my porch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Pinned it to my decorating board! Thanks for linking it up at the Pinterest Power Party!

    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I think daisies are a spring flower because I have daffodils struggling, tulips giving up trying to come through and blossom just going to sleep again, however the daisies are out in my lawn, so it's official they are spring flowers!! The bird house is lovely, your daughter has great taste! Great mantel yet again. Take care. Chelx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mantel is lovely and your fireplace is almost a twin to mine. I love the pinks and well, daisies are my favorite flowers. I have been going down and looking at some of your other post and I love your blog. We have some mutual followers so I think that we were destined to cross each others paths at some point. I would like to take this opportunity to invite you over to follow me back. I have met the nicest people in blog-land :)
    Your newest blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty mantle! I love to freshen my mantle displays depending on the season. Those daisies are just lovely.

    It's been a cold spring in the UK too this year and we are all more than ready for some blossom and sunshine and warmer temps. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Love the background of the shutters, mirror and frame too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!