Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Afton's Ladybug Birthday Party

OMG! My sweet little Afton is 7 today!

Where does the time go?  It seems like only yesterday that we found out that our dear little baby girl was on the way, and now she is a smart,  artistic, benevolent little lady.


To add some excitement to her birthday wake-up call, hubby and I covered Afton's bedroom door with streamers  in hopes that she would love to burst through them 
as an exciting beginning to her 7th birthday. Instead, she woke up early to go pee and stood at her door in the dark,
crying, because she thought vines and spider webs had grown across her bedroom door. 


"It reminded me of a nightmare , Mommy."

Oh dear.  EPIC parental fail. :( 


Luckily her Ladybug Birthday party went off without a hitch!!

We made her invites a few weeks ago, using a series of circles to create a ladybug shape.  
We put all of the party information on the back of the bug.  Afton tells me that her little girlfriends ADORED these invites and couldn't wait til her party!!


I'll be honest - I didn't make as many things to decorate for this party.  This year I had 4 parties/showers/events to prepare for during the month of March and I didn't have the energy to keep churning out elaborate decor.  So--I happily purchased several ladybug items from a party store to help with the decorations.  




I did make these though.  This was first attempt at cake pops.  I think they turned out pretty well except that my red chocolate coating cracked on a few of them. Hmm...not sure why this happened. Oh well.  The black bug dots look cute, though, don't they?  :)


For lunch, I kept with a "RED" theme including
"Ladybugs on a Log"
(Crasins on PB covered celery)


Licorice & strawberries



Red popcorn, cherry tomatoes &  red apple slices


. . . and red fruit punch served  in fancy bottles.  


The cups and plates were ladybug themed, too.  


And for a creative-craft, the girls made ladybug hats covered on paper spots. 


And here's my little girl. Growing up oh-so-fast.  


She is simply lovely.  
She is easy-going.
She is happy.
She is even-keeled.
She is giving and motherly.
She cooperates
And adores her brothers.  

I enjoy every minute I have with her. And I look forward to the journey we will have together as mother and daughter.

Love you so much, dear sweet Afton.  
&
Happy Birthday!!


Thanks for visiting, bloggy friends,



15 comments:

  1. I found you over at GirlInspired. This is very cute! I bet she will never forget it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely mum you are! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great party Mom! You did an awesome job and the cake pops are adorable! I love your red food theme and your sweet Afton looks adorable and totally happy! Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Easter! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet party theme! I haven't gotten around to making cake pops yet but I plan to. Yours turned out great...and the lady bug hats are a great activity idea, how fun! It looks like you have one happy birthday girl! I would love to have you share this at the Rock ‘N Share. Blessings, D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun party. I love the theme. Awesome ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo cute :) Found you at the Creative Linky Party. I bet your daughter had great time!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Gosia @www.kiddiefoodies.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet party and sweet girl. I loved the creativity and all of the work you did. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who matches food and drinks to the colors and theme of the party! Maybe there's some kind of support group for us LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute party! I love your cake pops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All so cute but I cracked up at the streamers part. NOT about her crying but just at how things can backfire with little kids that we thought as grownups was just the most wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. You have a super cute blog, I can't wait to read more. You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this at Whimsy Wednesday! It's so fun when you link up!

    Kelly at Smart School House
    https://www.facebook.com/SmartSchoolHouse

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on the Lady Bug party! What a fun idea! I always decorate my daughter's chair with crepe paper streamers. Don't sweat the streamers on the door - she'll laugh at it when she's older! Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun party! Love all the red details! I would love to have you share this at my party!

    http://www.madetobeamomma.com/2013/04/homemade-by-you-45-brand-new-site.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable - the party and the birthday girl. :D I loved the cake pops and featured them tonight on BeColorful.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too cute!! I love every detail!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!