Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

3D Paper Star Art


Oh! I am getting so close to being to share our completed kids' bathroom project.  I have been working on it, literally, for months. 
I have one small project to complete and then I'll be able to show you all of my hard work.  

Today I have an art project to share from that bathroom.  
I wanted something cute to hang above this towel bar/shelf thingy.  I made our Bathroom Pixie to watch the kids brush their teeth, but something else was needed.

I had a few small artist canvases in my craft space, so I pulled them out and began playing with trim, buttons, stamps and paper.  


And this is what I came up with:


I cut and folded my stars using THIS TUTORIAL and then applied them to the canvases on top of some stamped swirls.  

Do you like them?

They make my heart sing.  

Aren't they cheerful?

Colour and shape and style.  And perfect to greet the kids each morning when they roll out of bed.  



If you want to see some of my other wall decor ideas, check out:



and


I'll be back later in the week with another small bathroom project and then, following that -- THE REVEAL.
(Man- I really hope it lives up to the hype I am creating!  :)
Hugs to you and yours,

B.  



7 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea! I found your link up next to mine at Elizabeth & Co. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these. They are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stars! Yours are so patriotic. Got my wheels turning on how to do this for my "star studded" bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! You are talented!! Awesome job!
    S.T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super gorgeous Bronwyn! You really need to link this up to parties! It is so adorable and colourful and bright! You are so, so talented and I love the colour combinations! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! You have a great eye for color,form and layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!