Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pretty Pastel Christmas Mantel

On the weekend my mantel was transformed again- this time for the month of December and CHRISTMAS!

I've gone with a non-traditional colour story in my living/dining room this year.  Here you will pastel pink, aqua and mint green- a great contrast to the red/green/royal blue I have going on in the family room.


 I fell in love with these candle holders last week while in a local decor store.  I like how they add an element of light to the mantel.


I've started a collection of glitter houses this year. I have bought 3 so far- all in the hopes that I could put a row of them across my mantel.  However, when the time came, I realized they didn't actually fit there!! 
Oops.  So I went with one instead.  Cute, eh?

(My youngest son is fascinated with it.  He loves to turn the switch on and stare at the battery operated house.  " I think I'd like to live in there, Mommy.")



To add some pink ( My favourite colour!) I made a trio of crepe paper cones for one end.  What an easy craft (you'll find tons of tutorials on Pinterest) - the hardest part was finding crepe paper!!  (Thanks for the help on that one, Cathy!)


Because pink is so darn pretty, I decided to use it three times on my mantel display.  A key to a balanced design is to use a single colour in a triangular shape.  My three pink elements are the wreath (made last year), the paper cones.....


 and my glittery "Celebrate" sign.  



Love a natural element in my mantels so some glittery pine cones fit the bill perfectly!



TA-DA!


One of my best to date.

I am so glad hubby and I made the investment in this fireplace a few months ago.  
He adores the light and warmth almost daily, and I
 LOVE to decorate the mantel.

Perfect for everyone!!




24 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! It is so adorable! That wreath is amazing and I cannot get enough of glitter houses! You did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wreath looks so lovely, sorry, I'm going to have to copy. You are so talented and have an eye for such beautiful things. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would've never thought of using those colors, but it's just wonderful! so soft and peaceful. thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mantel is so pretty. I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty. Love the arrangement. I used pink too in my mantel arrangement. You can't go wrong with pink:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes it is a pretty and pastel mantel. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the non-traditional colors! Your wreath is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE those non-traditional colors! They look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your mantel display, I too have gravitated toward pink for the holidays. I even have a PINK CHRISTMAS pin board :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute!!! I love it!!!! Great blog too. I'm Hanna and I am your newest follower:) HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    xoxoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pastel mantle is just gorgeous! I used pastels this year for Christmas too! I am you newest follower...hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pink for Christmas? I LOVE it! Thinking of how I'll use pink next year... Great inspiration. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty. I love your mantle. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this with everyone. It runs from Wednesday through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/12/fabric-covered-can-pen-and-pencil.html
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  15. very cute! great use of pink in Christmas decor! I absolutely love your big star and shutters, where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the sweet pastel colors you have used. Nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The glitter houses are fun... :)

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. **Love this**! The colours are so perfect and pretty! Pink is my fav colour! Beautiful! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just lovely!! I'm not a big fan of pink for myself, but I think it looks beautiful on your mantel! Thank you for the tips on how you arranged it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi there! Dropping by to let you know that this beautiful mantel was featured on this week's Weekend Wonders! You can come grab a feature button here:

    http://thethriftinessmiss.blogspot.com/2012/12/weekend-wonders-19-and-features.html#.UMqPWW_BFPI

    Thanks so much for linking with us last week :) Hope to see you again this week too. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. how fun is a pastel Christmas theme!

    thanks for linking up to a Homemade Christmas linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is definitely the pretties mantel I've seen this year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful! I love that you used non-traditional colors to decorate for Christmas. Thanks so much for linking up with our Pinteresting Link Party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!