Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Felt Snowflake Pillow

Happy Monday  !!  
It's been a very Christmas-y weekend around here.  
The kids met Santa at a Christmas party on Saturday, then rode on a float in the Santa Claus parade in the evening.
On Sunday I started putting up some of our holiday decorations and began my Christmas baking.  
Up first were these Red Velvet Sugar Cookies. 


I made a batch and quickly put them in the basement freezer so that little hands wouldn't make them all disappear within minutes!!

The I made my first Christmas craft of the year.  


I've been collecting Christmas fabrics for the last few months and I couldn't wait to use them together on the back of my pillow.


And the snowflake-- nope I didn't cut it out myself. In fact, it's a felt placemat that I picked up at the Superstore grocery store for a couple of dollars. When I bought it I had no idea what I was going to use it for, but quickly the inspiration hit.  


At first I was going to hand-stitch the flake to some plain white fabric that I had chosen for the front of the pillow. The I realized that this stitching would be in full view and it had to be VERY neat.  The machine would be quicker and neater!


For a little extra detail I raided my white button jar and stitched on a button on each point.  


And there we go.... and eye-catching addition to my family room couch.  

It won't be long before the real flakes start to fly around here.  Hopefully they won't be as large as the one on my pillow!!



15 comments:

  1. Both are utterly delicious!

    What are sugar cookies? (as opposed to any other cookies!) they look great...is there a recipe to follow?

    Lots of Love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. That would go so well in in house!You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Bronwyn! You got it going on girl! I picked up some of the red snowflakes from Superstore too! I am thinking about putting mine on a canvas for some artwork, but I LOVE the pillow idea! Have a lovely week my friend! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your snowflake pillow. I've been wanting to make one and this doesn't look too hard!
    I'll have to try the red velvet cookies since it's one of my favorite cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope I can find some of those snowflakes! I'd love to make a few to brighten up my navy couch and loveseat. Thanks for the great idea!

    I love the combination of pillows and quilt on your sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pillow. I like the felt idea too. Red and white work in so many ways. Thanks for sharing
    Donna @nceuponasewingmachine.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh I love the look of your snowflake pillow! I also love the look of those cookies!! Well done for getting them in the freezer - they'd disappear in our house in an instant!! I'm your newest follower! Please do pop back over to my blog if you get a mo! J9 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute pillows! I'm pinning them!

    T'onna
    Submarine Sunday Link Party @ http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/11/submarine-sunday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so great! Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute pillow! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! and what a great idea - a placemat! love the button details too! thanks for linking up to the Homemade Christmas party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this! Pinning it and hopefully I can find a snowflake and do it for winter! Love how you embellished it with the buttons too.

    and I had to go check out and pin your red velvet cookies too - yummy!

    thanks for linking up to a Homemade Christmas Linky party!

    Christina @ TheFrugalHomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this pillow - which "Superstore grocery store" were you able to find the snowflake?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!