Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was absolutely lovely around here! The sun shone, the lilacs scented the air and many members of our family joined us in celebration.  

Each year I try to get a few pictures of me and the kids.  I'd love one with all three kids and me, but it is SO HARD to get all three munchkins to cooperate all at once.  

Luckily my hubby did capture these lovely shots.

Afton (6) and I

Bryn (7), Camden (3) and I
(CHEEEEESE!)

This my mother - the kids call her Nana - and Afton:

And this is my mother-in-law, "Grandma" to the kids:


After getting the family pics, I took a wander through my garden (still a work in progress!) and captured some of the current beauties.

My coneflower is a-flower.  I love it's royal blue and purple blooms. 

And look at the strawberry plants!  They are covered in pretty white flowers.  Each flower equals a strawberry to come, right??



Hubby prepped and prepared a delicious dinner of shish-kabobs and grilled potatoes. So, I took some time for me, out in the sunshine, enjoying my homemade iced latte and the latest issue of Country Living UK. 
 Heaven!

See the flowers?  They are all from my garden! We have lived in this home for 3 1/2 years. It is a new-build so I began all the perennial gardens from scratch!  It makes me so excited to know that I can finally cut my own flowers to arrange and decorate my home!!
Lilacs in the palest of lavender, creamy white tulips and a couple of peony-style tulips.  Oh! could they be an lovelier??

Speaking of peonies - hubby bought me two large peony plants to add to my cutting garden.  They are mere days from flowering and I can't wait to see them burst with colour!




5 comments:

  1. Your cornflower and strawberries are exactly like mine at this moment, i just took photos yesterday in fact to blog this week :) Looks like it was a very lovely mother's day!!! xo K

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful family and your flowers photographs are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Springtime has definitely sprung at your house!! Glad you had such a nice Mother's Day. Such sweet family photos. Love 'em!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos of Moms and kids, so precious. My 6 children and thier families are scattered throughout the US. So enjoy each moment, to quickly they are grown.
    Love your flowers, one daughter always sends me a beautiful floral arrangement for Mothers Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about the lovely fennel salad, green salad and delicious angel food cake with the supreme butter cream icing, all made by the in-laws? I thought your father-in-law (me) did a great job on the fennel salad and cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!