Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Crocheted Daisies - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

For months now  I have seen these lovely little  crocheted daisy granny squares floating around blogland and Pinterest.    Every colour combo seemed lovely, but I especially loved the yellow and white flowers with red and light blue.

So, once I completed the yellow baby blanket, I got started with a few crocheted daisies of my own.  

I started with the plan to do a whole blanket in red and blue squares.  But as usual, my crafting ADHD took over.    As soon as I had a small stack of daisies,  my mind wandered to my NEXT crochet project.  As much as I love these delicious squares, my brain and hands want to try another variety very soon!  So instead of a blanket, my squares quickly amounted to...... 

This! TA-DA!!

Isn't she lovely?  I was hoping to get a bit more yellow into our mostly green and blue family room and this little darling is starting things off!

For the back I used the remaining red, green and blue (Yay! for using up some more stash!!) and whipped up a square of rows and rows of double crocheted.  
Oh!  I love this darling.  I think I may make a few more to give as gifts.   In fact, the little lady was hoping for one in shades of pink.  Hmmmm........ I am sure that can be arranged!!

7 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm you’ve got me thinking now! I'm loving it.

    HAPPY EASTER!
    Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful cushion, I just love this colour combination.

    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh! I love it! Aunt Meg could use one too ;) Nice work, B!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. first visit to your blog -- gorgeous grannies, perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful and so cheerful!

    Thanks for your visit and sweet comment. I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!