Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Decor in the Bathroom?? Yes!

Sure, why not? We spend a lot of time in our bathrooms, guests see our bathrooms, and frankly, the more decor the better, right?
I kept my seasonal changes minimal, but it was enough for my kids to squeal with glee when they saw it!
This is what has been hanging on the wall of my pwder room for several months now. My "art" is 12x12 frames that I have placed coordinating scrapbook paper. Pretty, but not good for THIS season. So instead....
I switched to this:
What do you think? I found these in my local scrapbook store and I was in love.
Great colour combo, cute prints and they match my powder room decor perfectly.
And how about the kids' bathroom, upstairs? I knew they would love some extra festivity in there.
The bathroom is painted aqua and has tons of orange accessories. These can be Christmas colours, right?
( These are wooden letters I picked up at an antique store near my hometown. I had 200 gold letters to choose from and chose these ones as a "reminder" for my 3 kids to lather up!)
Yep. Orange and aqua ARE Christmas colours. I grabbed these turquoise balls and silver and white garlands for next to nothing at a local hardware store. The orange ribbon was leftover from Hallowe'en decor.
So what do you think? (Sorry. I couldn't get my camera settings to cooperate for this photo.)
May daughter was in love.
"Disco balls in the bathroom! Cool!"
I really like how it turned out, too. Sparkle, glitz, and a seasonal feel. exactly what I set out to do!
Please leave a comment, and perhaps BECOME A FOLLOWER! I would love that!!

25 comments:

  1. You are the coolest Mom I know!!!! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I like the paper with the city scene.
    New follower here, just sayin' hi!

    http://shadowjewels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO FREAKING COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I love bathroom decorations!!!! If only I could get my hubby to renovate mine so I could do this too!!

    The D.I.Y. Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! Can't wait to spend Christmas in your festive, welcoming home!
    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! I love the colors and how you decorated the mirror! I would have never thought of decorating the bathroom!

    Thanks for stopping by to link up for Functional Friday!

    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. How could I have neglected my bathroom? Ahhh! Well you've inspired me to remedy that situation! I love your disco balls and color choice and I'm totally in love with your wooden letters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So festive and fun!! I like to decorate the bathroom too {especially the one the guests use}! I bet your kids are loving their decor! Would you share this here?

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/shine-on-fridays-6-and-some-fabulous.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both baths look so cute! Love the teal and oragne~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I'm now a firm believer that every bathroom should have disco balls! I love orange and aqua together (that happened to be a favorite crayola crayon color combo for me as a kid). I'm now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this!! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Friday. I'm totally inspired by your Christmas bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the bathroom and the festive decor!! Great job! I would love for you to come party with us over at Passionatelyperfect.com!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Bathroom Christmas has been featured for Functional Friday! I just love this idea!

    Thanks for stopping by to link up!

    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love your blog, i find it very interesting and very useful..i am so impressed..keep on posting

    ReplyDelete
  14. It feels awe-inspiring to read such informative and distinctive articles on your websites. click to investigate

    ReplyDelete
  15. It feels awe-inspiring to read such informative and distinctive articles on your websites. click to investigate

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  17. Brilliant & cool Idea to decor in an attractive manner. I just love the towel color & towel hanger/warmer, lighting, color complexion, flower made with ribbon and Christmas ball. Anxiously Looking forward for more design on the festive eve. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice designs and best collections.I love this combination.
    Kids Bathroom Set

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great color combination and nice pictures.

    Baths Vanities

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would like to decorate my bathroom like this only.

    Home Design Plus

    ReplyDelete
  22. Some great and inspirational blog I have found, which is wonderful and amazing. I really love this whole bathroom.

    W. Atelier

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, thanks for sharing kind information .Its looks great and beautiful. Visit :
    Bathroom Accessories Singapore!

    ReplyDelete
  24. There are so many annoying things in the http://www.faucetsmarket.com/shower-faucets-c-30.html , do not let the Pull down kitchen faucet to chaos! Smoothly with the leader, often people do not feel it's there, but mainly with its spool, Bathroom accessories, switch the way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!