Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

A New Obsession......

I spend too much time on Pinterest. No- that is not my new obsession. I do spend lots of time "pinning" a large variety of recipes, decor ideas, craft projects and pretty pictures, but I am proud to say that I actually make an effort to use my "pinned" items as inspiration.

But I came across this picture the other day.

I am not sure if it is the colour combo, the mix of textures or the simplicity of the craft, but I was in LOVE.Look at those lovely little hand-made flowers! Luckily I was easily able to locate a tutorial detailing how to crochet these darling roses.
http://www.planetjune.com/blog/free-crochet-patterns/basic-rose/

I spent 4 hours in the car this weekend, driving to and from my my mother's house and I am almost embarrassed to say how many of these pretty little roses I made!


Most of the flowers I created were pink, white and silver (for use in an upcoming project - stay tuned!) but I also whipped up a couple of chocolate brown roses for an alternate use.
My daughter wears a lot of chocolate brown and recently her favourite brown hair clips have gone missing. "Mommy-The -Crafter" to the rescue!




It was very easy to attach these crocheted flowers to some heavy-duty hair clips (my daughter has wickedly-thick hair!) and add an embellishment of a large pearl bead.
Lovely - and she ADORES them! If fact she changed her clothes this morning so that she could wear these brown clips to school today. : )

What do you think? My hubby thinks they are too big, but when you have this much hair, you need big acessories!
Hopefully in a couple of days I'll have my next crocheted rose project done. Come back and check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!