Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Scrapping Bug DT June Reveal

It's that time again! Here is what I created with several papers from the "Geo-Hectic" line by We R Memory Keepers:

For a change of pace, I decided to make a decorative garland for my youngest son's room. I used a star template I found on the net, cut out the stars and folded the paper in 2 different directions to make the 3D effect. (A tutorial to follow on The Scrapping Bug's Blog or Message Board.)



My son recently had a tumour removed from the space between his cerebellum and brain. It has been over 4 months since the surgery and he had shown no ill effects.

But after a routine opthalmologist appointment, post-surgery, we found that Bryn had lost most of the sight in his left eye, due to the pressure and swelling caused by the tumour.

At this time, there is no way to recover his vision. We were shocked to have this news, but Bryn took it all in stride!


Kraft envelope: Maya Road
Letter stickers: Basic Grey, Doodlebug, Making Memories
Punches: Fiskars
Jewels: Kaisercraft

The Spring Sprint is the annual fundraiser for the Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada.
This year, we participated.

Bryn ran most of the 5Km with Daddy and Aunt Megahn, while the rest of us tried to keep up.

The run in Toronto raised over $160 000- well over their goal.
I based this layout on a sketch from "Sketch Support."

Punches: Fiskars
Gold ink: Colorsnap
Stamps: HeroArts
Letter Stickers: Doodlebug, Basic Grey


Our little lady let go of the training wheels early this spring! I really wanted to use this paper for a girly layout and it was quite a challenge. I stuck with a monochromatic blue patterned paper and layered stitching, thread-wrapping and pennants over some actions shots taken nearby our home.
Chipboard Title: Maya Road
Letter stickers: Basic Grey
Thread: DMC
Brads: Bazzill
Rub-on: Kaisercraft
Mini letter Stickers: Cosmo Cricket

Thanks for checking out this very long post!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!