Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

The Inspired Scrapper & Mom!!

I never really realized how much time and energy my mom put into raising my two sisters and I (with the help of my dad, of course!) until I had three kids of my own. She took 12 years off of her teaching career in order to be there every step of the way for us. I know she'll be the first to tell you that those years were the most challenging and the most meaningful of her life.

I wanted to celebrate my mother in a layout, paralleling her time with us and my time with my three munchkins. I came up with this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I used Cosmo Cricket's "Material Girl" line as a tribute to my mother's sewing, knitting and crafting prowress. I hope I continue to get as much joy out of crafting as she still does!!

2 comments:

  1. Love your layout. The little details and paper are perfect, but the concept is fabulous. You did a great job bringing together her life as mom with your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, ps...thanks for playing along over at the Inspired Scrapper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!